Bike finally all back together after cleaning up some of the PO problems and factory mistakes, like the PO breaking off the upper chain roller
Not my proudest welding, but i had some problems due to the welding helmet sensor being blocked by a shadow from the frame, which i tried to weld blind a couple times, which was a terrible mistake. Eventually i found a position i could weld in reliably, and then fixed most of the rest in post (grinding) The paint job is terrible also, but it’s in a nearly invisible part of the bike, so, good enough for the ladies I date.
Of course, one of the PO problems was that they didn’t have a fuel filter on it, likely due to the tank on the bike having the petcock so close to the float bowl inlet that most filters don’t fit without a big loop of hose.
Of course, due to this, a bit of something had gotten into the carb and was sitting in the pilot circuit (it came out with the pilot jet) making the bike run like crap without the choke on.
Next up i need to do some reading and tuning as the bike has a supposedly brand new (seemed brand new when i took it apart) supposedly stock (though, the intake boot and airbox say 32e0 and the carb is marked 32e1) the engine is hesitant in the bottom 1/4 of throttle. I’ve opened up the pilot circuit another 2 turns (from 1.5, total of 3.5) to get rid of decel popping, idle wheezing and get it ride-able, but there’s still the general impression that if you’re on decel and you crack the throttle, it feels like it’s got roughly no effect for about 5-8% of throttle.
Whacking the throttle open causes perhaps 75-150ms of hesitation before it starts ramping up power.
For reference, I’ve also set the idle to 25hz (1500/m) using a clamp-on meter around the spark plug wire.
I’ve also plasti-dipped all the white parts of the bike blue, so obligatory full bike photo to put a machine to the project.